maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <apa...@sourcegrounds.com>
Subject Re: Intention to release Maven EAR Plugin 2.7
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:07:06 GMT
To use Maven 2.2.1 you need at least jdk5, not the other way around (i.e.
to use jdk5 you need at least maven 2.2.1).
Using Maven 2.0.9 with jdk5 works just as fine.

And there are still a lot of companies which use Maven 2, because it
works: there's no need to spend time or money to upgrade to Maven 3.

IMHO this should be fixed for Maven 2 as well, but I agree that the patch
needs some finetuning.

-Robert