maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertram, Alexander" <a...@bedatadriven.com>
Subject Developing a new repository layout / proxy?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:45:31 GMT
Hi there,

I'm working on Renjin, an interpreter for the R language written in Java
for the JVM. Since a major goal of the project is to make it easier to
intermix R language packages and java packages, I'd like to develop a set
of plugins for maven to that make it easy to include R-language packages in
java/maven projects, and vice-versa.

I've tried to look through the docs, but I'm still not sure on how to build
a plugin for a new repo layout: the idea would be that java developers
could include a dependency for an R package like:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.r-project.cran</groupId>
<artifactId>packageName</artifactId>
<version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

And have some sort of hook that would then track down the R sources from
the CRAN repository, make some transformations, and then store as a jar in
the local maven repo. Is this possible? Can someone point me to the
javadocs for the relevant extension point?

Many thanks,

Alex