maven-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Where Do Full System Integration Tests Belong...?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:08:59 GMT
Hi

Rat now has a variety of components built using a variety of tools in
a variety of languages.We're looking to move to Apache CMS at the
project level, integrating Maven site builds into subversion. The
extension mechanism plugging subversion into wagon scm seems to be a
little buggy. Easier to explain with an integration test than in words
on a bug report, and given an integration test we'd probably be able
to come up with a patch.

I'm a little confused where integration tests which cover multiple
pluggable extensible elements in Maven should live, and so a little
uncertain about which component to target for submission. Does Maven
have a continuous-delivery-style downstream bank of course grain
integration tests? Other ideas?

Robert