maven-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploy maven site on SVN
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:47:58 GMT
Hi all guys,

just to let you know that today I moved the Apache Any23[1] site
deploying to local FS directory and then manual commit.
It took *more than two hours*, with the good business ADSL upload band
at office ... :(

Whatever solution we can adopt to deploy the site on svn, it takes too
much time :(

-Simo

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/any23/site/

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18/01/2012, at 7:59 PM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:
>
>> Perhaps if the SCM was GIT instead of SVN it could be faster ?
>> It's not a short term solution but it can be another reason to use Git ASAP.
>>

> I think you misinterpreted a typo in Simone's email - it's the CMS, not the SCM.
>
> This isn't related to the SCM used by the project - infra are using svnpubsub to publish
sites (which takes effect almost immediately, in comparison to the slow rsync process that
we used to wait for).