maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intention to release Maven EAR Plugin 2.7
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:25:58 GMT
On 9 January 2012 17:07, Robert Scholte <apache@sourcegrounds.com> wrote:
> To use Maven 2.2.1 you need at least jdk5, not the other way around (i.e. to
> use jdk5 you need at least maven 2.2.1).
> Using Maven 2.0.9 with jdk5 works just as fine.

Let me put this another way, if a plugin is using Java 1.5 code, then
in my view, it should specify Maven 2.2.1 as a minimum prereq as that
is the first version of Maven to require Java 1.5...

I don't see any point in genericification of the plugin source code
unless we are using 2.2.1 as the pre-req.