maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Manifest class in plexus-archiver
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:17:02 GMT
I have been trying to make the "Manifest" class in plexus-archiver a
subclass of the Jdk Manifest class. On the grand scale of it, this seems
to work quite well.

There is one test-case I'm troubling with where there are two
"Class-Path" entries in the .mf file; like this:

https://github.com/krosenvold/plexus-archiver/blob/master/src/test/resources/manifests/manifestWithDualClassPath.mf

The thing is, the jdk manifest class simply does not support this kind
of duplication, and according to comments within the plexus implementation
it also violates the jar specification, but is somehow supported by
plexus-archiver.

Does anyone know what the use-case/history of this is ? I'm tempted to
just remove support for this and move on.

Kristian