maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release steps for http://maven.apache.org/index.html?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:57:23 GMT

On 10/01/2012, at 9:38 AM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>> To the best of my knowledge it is not automatic - you need to run "mvn site-deploy"
from the site checkout. My guess is someone else committed, picked up your change, and pushed
it.

> Where is this documented?
> Here http://maven.apache.org/developers/website/deploy-maven-current-ref.html?

Not quite - that's a subsection of the site for a Maven release.

It may not be documented specifically - we tend not to write it down when it is a "Maven standard
process" :)

> I'm hesitant to follow those instructions since what I've change are
> not specific to maven release documentation, but the common stuff.
> e.g.
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-m2-development.html
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-environment.html
>
> Especially since I'm not convinced I have my environment setup
> correctly yet too :)

If "mvn site" generates a a well formed site (right skin, etc.), and "mvn site-deploy" works,
then you should be fine.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter