maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Blitz, Shmuel" <SBl...@nds.com>
Subject Minimize an Uber Jar correctly, Using Shade-Plugin
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:46:20 GMT
Dear fellows,

I am using the Maven-Shade-Plugin to create a runnable Uber-jar.
According to the last frame on maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/includes-excludes.html,
the size of the jar can be minimized by using:

 <configuration>
      <minimizeJar>true</minimizeJar>
</configuration>

But this feature does not take into consideration the classes that are declared in the log4j.properties
file. Hence, e.g. org.apache.log4j.appender.TimeAndSizeRollingAppender is not included in
the Uber-jar, even though it's declared in the log4j.properties file.

I believe I will face the same problem with Spring. If my code only refers to interface A
and my Spring file contains an instantiation of class B that implements A, then B might not
be added to the jar, since it's not in the code.

How can I solve this problem?

You input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shmuel Blitz

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from your
system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com