maven-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven release plugin not honoring -Darguments
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 03:18:33 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:09 PM, David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did some more digging and it seems the issue is in the apache-10 parent pom.  If you
alter it like so, the arguments are passed as expected:

>    <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>      <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>2.1</version>
>      <configuration>
>        <useReleaseProfile>false</useReleaseProfile>
>        <goals>deploy</goals>
>        <!--<arguments>-Papache-release</arguments>-->
>        <arguments>-Papache-release ${arguments}</arguments>
>      </configuration>
>    </plugin>
>
> Seems this is just a mistake as the full config as reported via -X contains quite a bit
of <foo>${foo}</foo> style declarations.  We likely just missed it here.

> Going to use a hacked parent pom for the moment but it would be great if we could get
an apache-11 pom out soonish.

This came up again.  Posting so I don't forget to deal with it when I
have time.  Will file an issue with a patch tomorrow unless someone
beats me to it.

-David