maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get nice doc for a bean-ie sort of Mojo parameter
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 02:47:43 GMT
This is something that frustrates users no end: when a plugin has a
parameter of complex type, and the doc does not elucidate the
structure of the complex doc At All.

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/12/2011, at 9:12 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
>> Looking at http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html#Mapping_Complex_Objects,
>> I'm wondering how to get the generated doc to travel down into the
>> bean object.  This isn't a job for modello, is it?
>
> Not really - modello is only used to generate the plugin descriptor, and you won't need
to change that. It has a reference to the class used, so I guess the Xdoc generator in plugin-tools
could reflect that to show what it might look like in XML.