maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Meta information about dependencies in a pom?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:41:28 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> To clarify, technically easy to implement. If we did this with attributes
> we don't have to deal with POM changes, and if we say this is truly for
> producers then the attributes getting stripped out on deploy would be
> fine. The this serves the concerns of producers, and really has zero
> impact on consumers.

Why are my dependency attributes available when I inherit them from my
parent POM in the parent directory, but not if the parent POM is downloaded
from the repository? Can my dependency attributes defined in the dependency
management section? Can I overwrite an inherited dependency attribute with a
new value?

Can of worms.

Just my 2c,
Jörg