maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Java 5 Annotations for Plugins
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:30:27 GMT
On 11/04/2011 07:13 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> you generate a class that extends
> AbstractMojo, has the required injection fields for all the
> @parameters and has an execute method that passes through all the
> injection fields and then invokes the required method.

By the way this (as well as HelpMojo generation) could be done rather easily without ASM or
any special goals in maven-plugin-plugin if you compile under Java 6: an
annotation processor can generate Java sources which will also get compiled, as well as creating/updating
META-INF/maven/plugin.xml. But I guess we cannot rely on this yet.

I do not think Phase should be an enum, just a list of String constants - you are permitted
to define alternative lifecycles, right?