maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Meta information about dependencies in a pom?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 05:00:42 GMT

On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:00 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> 2011/11/8 Guo Du <mrduguo@duguo.org>:
>>> too error prone as you have to keep the plugin configuration and the
>>> dependency list in sync. It doesn't sound like a hard task first, but
>> What about only configure the dependency list with additional field as
>> plugin configuration such as:
>> <configuration>
>> <bundles>
>> <bundle>
>> <groupId>foo</groupId>
>> <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
>> <version>x.y.z</version>
>> <startLevel>1</startLevel>
>> </bundle>
>> </bundles>
>> </configuration>
>>

> Yes, that's basically a variant of what we came up with, but in this
> case the dependencies are not considered when maven is calculating a
> build order for a multi project build, so you end up with a "wrong"
> order when you are using snapshot dependencies. We had cases where the
> snapshot dep was built after the assembly causing an old snapshop to
> end up in the application.
> And other plugins like the versions plugin don't see this either.
>
> But today we learned about the AbstractMavenLifecycleParticipant which
> hopefully allows us to use above configuration without the above
> problems.

Here's an example of how it works for matching the dependencies specified from a 3rd party
source to the reactor.

https://github.com/etesla/proviso/tree/master/tesla-proviso-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tesla/plugins/proviso

It's using JSR330, but you can pull those out and use Plexus annotations if you need it to
work in the short term.