maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Usage of Aether and Sisu as dependencies of maven core with EPL licenses - take 2
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:36:19 GMT
no reason at all other than no committer has reasked for the dependency
change. i am hoping benjamin can make a release of aether cut from the
eclipse git repo or some other public repo clone of the eclipse one, and
then asks to use that dep...

alternatively if somebody wants to propose what they will release as an
aether patch release and have the pmc vote for that dep change up front

- Stephen

---
Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes, random nonsense
words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype to type on the
screen
On 8 Nov 2011 08:15, "Brett Porter" <brett@apache.org> wrote:

>
> On 07/11/2011, at 8:43 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > You guys decided you wanted to wait so let's just wait. I didn't think
> it would take this long to get through either but it is what it is. So
> realistically we're looking at 3.0.4 in 4 weeks.
>
> But it could also be longer.
>
> I don't see why we should treat the existing EPL release any differently
> than if it were to be released from Eclipse at this point. Going to Eclipse
> is a positive step from now, there will be better transparency and
> governance, but arriving there is not the end of the road. It's going to be
> even longer that it is more diverse, graduates the incubator there, and
> becomes just consumable as a dependency.
>
> If someone wants to do a 3.0.4 release, they should do it, whether that
> doesn't include this fix, or delivers it as a patch on the version we're
> using, or uses the EPL version from Github. If nobody is prepared to do a
> release now, that's fine too, but they shouldn't have to sit around
> waiting. The whole reason I was concerned about Aether in the first place
> was because we'd get stuck not being able to ship a fix to Maven without
> getting around another project - we can't let ourselves get into that
> position.
>
> In my ideal world, Benjamin would cherry-pick the fix he's already made
> for the issue Mark is concerned about, release 1.11.1, and we upgrade and
> someone releases Maven 3.0.4. That wouldn't take long, wouldn't change the
> direction everything is going, and let everyone get on with it.
>
> Is there a reason we shouldn't do that?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message