maven-dev mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Implementing ModelValidators for Plugins
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:25:15 GMT

UStId-Nr. DE195700962

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. November 2011 16:07
An: Maven Developers List
Betreff: Re: Implementing ModelValidators for Plugins

2011/11/3 christofer.dutz@c-ware.de <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
> Hi,
>

> I am currently working on a way to report common configuration problems of the flexmojos
plugin. The reason for this ist hat about 99% of the problems users on the mailinglist are
having are all related to mis-configurations. 90% of those adress a small hand-full of mistakes.
We would like to add configuration-validation to the flexmojos plugin in order to provide
some initial help in sorting out the errors.

> Which extensionpoints does Maven offer to implement something like this? I found the
ModelValidator interface together with its DefaultModelValidator class, but could not find
any way to provide custom validation code. It even seems that the normal builder only suports
a single instance of a ModelValidator.

> As I'm pretty new to plexus, is there a way to configure maven to reconfigure the internal
weaving, so I could provide my own CascadingModelValidator?
Currently no.
You must load an issue in MNG for that.
Note if you want to add something like that.
It will be an extension so the jar will have to be in $M2_HOME/lib/ext .

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com