maven-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fluido skin & Maven site
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:08:19 GMT
Having larger fonts is making my reading experience better.

I think in general it is an improvement.

Here are some nitpicks (I'm no web site designer) - feel free to
nitpick them too.

I'm not convinced about the drop down menus, I tend to visually ignore
them, but that may just be me.

On http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/maven/site/plugins/index.html
some links do not have the blue hyperlink underlining but instead have
a yellow halo.
Looking around some more at
http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/maven/site/download.html the
yellow halo appears to be the style of apt <<< Monospaced >>>> "and
must be rendered using a monospaced, typewriter-like font."

The halo is drawing my attention to these fields but they aren't
visually that important.  Generally used for configuration values and
what you type etc.

Grey text makes me think of disabled text, and this is the style
applied to numbered lists.
The Installation Instructions section of
http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/maven/site/download.html is a
good example of what I'm talking about.
Visually it looks like I should ignore the text (since its grey) with
large amounts of text I should pay attention too (because they are
haloed).

One of my gripes with Confluence is its lack of indentation of
heading/subheadings (I've yet to look into whether I can fix that).
The old site http://maven.apache.org/what-is-maven.html does have
indentation even if the sub headings dont look that great.
Whereas the new version
http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/maven/site/what-is-maven.html
just has smaller heading styles.
Googling about web design seems to indicate to keep headings to two
levels so maybe this is just my problem again :)