maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ansgar Konermann <ansgar.konerm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: is it possible to search on an artifactid without a groupid in a mojo?
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:34:09 GMT
Am 16.10.2011 09:57 schrieb "Shaun Elliott" <javamonkey79@gmail.com>:

> Is it possible to search on an artifactid without a groupid in a mojo?
>
> I am using maven 3. I'd like to "search" for a given groupid in a mojo -
> I've been using: ArtifactMetadataSource, but it is deprecated and doesn't
> seem to have what I need. Is there something else I should be using? Is
what
> I'm trying to do even possible?

If your search space is not too large (say: limited to a few potential
groupids) then it should be possible.

You could Google for Sonatype Aether documentation and use that library
directly to resolve all candidate artifacts until aether comes back without
error code. (linear search).

However, I'm not so sure why one would want this? Can you tell me mote about
your use case (just curious). Maybe there is a much simpler solution for
your problem?

Thanks in advance

Ansgar