maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Habunek <ivan.habu...@gmail.com>
Subject [skin][fluido] Menu location
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:53:40 GMT
Hi guys.

The way it is now in sanbox, the <menu> from site.xml is rendered in the
side bar and in the top bar. Additionaly <links> are rendered in the
right part of the top bar.

I think there's no reason to have <menu> rendered in two places. I can
see several options here:

1. Render the <links> in the top bar, and <menu> in the side bar.

The problem is that currently, <item> nodes in <links> cannot have
children, like they can in <menu>. See difference between LinkItem and
MenuItem in the XSD [1].

This means that the links in the top bar cannot have drop-down lists
like it is implemented now. For me this is not a big problem, but it
does limit the available functionality offered by bootstrap.

2. Render both the <menu> and <links> in top bar, remove the sidebar.

This is the way it is now, but minus the sidebar. Personally, i don't
want to remove the sidebar, it is much more appropreate for larger menus.

What do you think? Should we go with 1.? Any other ideas?

Regards,
Ivan

[1] http://maven.apache.org/xsd/decoration-1.1.0.xsd