maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Eisengardt" <MEP_Ei...@web.de>
Subject How to set src-folder correctly
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:22:28 GMT
Hi.

We are using maven for own project types. However the source folders (src/main/java and src/test/java)
are not the same since we are not using java. To let some plugins work correctly we need to
ovrwrite them with the correct folders.

For know we created a small goal that will be executed early. It will overwrite the source
folders directly. It works but I don't feel it is the correct way. Do you recommend another
way, for example some hint in components.xml I did not see yet? How do we tell maven that
the source folders for our own packaging are not the java ones?

If having an early goal setting the source folders programtically, what goal should we choose?
The "validate" goal is the first one and so the best one to set the new source folders but
it is focused of "validation" of the project and not focused on "hack project pom to fit the
best needs".

Greetings
Martin