maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Larry Shatzer, Jr." <lar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2/3 and Cobetura plugin with both TestNG and JUnit tests (with Surefire plugin configuration)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:56:51 GMT
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Larry-
>
> try loading both dependencies in your local repository and running offline with mvn -o
(at least your dependencies will be found)

> did you check cobertura for errors?
>
> mvn -e -X cobertura:cobertura -Dquiet=true

I did not see any obvious errors.

> take junit out of the mix and run testng as solo Test dependency then check output folders
>
> ${project.reporting.outputDirectory}/cobertura.
>
> if these tests fail you may have found a bug in which cause you need to file a JIRA at
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOBERTURA

I want to run with both JUnit and TestNG. By removing JUnit (and the
tests that JUnit run), it ran just fine, as do the inverse, just JUnit
and no TestNG. It is the combination of both of them.

To help, instead of having gists, I created a github project:
https://github.com/larrys/CoverageBug which you can fetch and run
locally and see exactly what I'm talking about and be able to possibly
tweak or debug any issues that I lack the knowledge to do.

Thanks

-- Larry