maven-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Scholte <rfscho...@codehaus.org>
Subject RE: broken test in maven-javadoc-plugin
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:57:27 GMT

I discovered the same issue. The problem didn't show itself with a dirty target-folder, but
after a "mvn clean test" it was easy to reproduce.I noticed the test had to do with the proxy,
couldn't figure out how this test should work. Now I know: it doesn't. -Robert > Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:22:46 +0100
> From: struberg@yahoo.de
> Subject: broken test in maven-javadoc-plugin
> To: dev@maven.apache.org
>
> Hi!
>
> This is a sum-up of my last 5 hours of debugging.
>
> Currently there is a failing test in the maven-javadoc-plugin: JavadocReportTest#testProxy()
>
> This test fails since the last commit but I actually think it only ever worked by accident.
It did rely on a commons-logging-1.0.4.pom which got resolved by a test which did run previously.
> But after updating to commons-logging.1.1.1 there is no pre-resolved artifact available
in target/local-repo anymore, thus the javadoc link info cannot get built and the test fails
in line 829:
> > assertTrue( optionsContent.contains( "-link 'http://commons.apache.org/logging/apidocs'"
) );

> I'll for now just disable this line of code, because the test as far as I can see _never_
did go upstream. The remoteRepository list used is always empty!.