maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A problem with mirrors
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 20:47:57 GMT
I think I wrote it up reasonably well in
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/AETHER-110.

When I first deployed nexus, I set things up with * and !'s to exempt
the local nexus repos. Then I added one more repo to nexus, and
confusion set in, because it wasn't listed in the ! list. Using
external: doesn't help, since nexus is just as 'external' as anything
else. Isn't it? Something like "basis*" would have helped.

Mostly, better logging would be a big help in discovering the screwup.
Though more complex *'s wouldn't hurt any either.