maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Maven Site Plugin 3.0-beta-4 ready for release?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:40:12 GMT
A thought: since 'extensions' has no 'management' or inheritance
control, the use of it is actually harder and more obscure when people
want to use other versions. It's far easier to just manage
dependencies of the site plugin via pluginManagement. So, I'm in favor
of using and documenting dependencies rather than extensions.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@codehaus.org> wrote:

> I've already made a jira-issue for it, MSITE-598 [1]. I think we should stay consistent:
specify wagons with extensions.We just need to document this very well, both on the site and
the failure-message, including the required xml to add to the pom. -Robert [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-598