maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the pom compatibility threads
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:10:12 GMT
For me the first thing is to push some ideas in the wiki and make them
challenged by developpers
I'm not so sure that there is a consensus and a real proposal to solve that
upgrade taking care of all use cases (previous/future versions of maven,
transitive dependencies, depMgt import, inheritence ...)
The thing said by everybody is that we won't be able to change the
format/version of *.pom files in shared repositories but I saw no real
proposal to manage all cases listed above when we'll have several versions
of POMs out (even if we just add new entries).

Arnaud