maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] incorporate EPL Aether
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:00:52 GMT
well it seems to me that we need to ensure that aether is not leaking into
our public api. if it is entirely private from plugins, then i really don't
care if it is epl or dual... dual would be nicer, and truer to the original
plan whereby the code would be developed at github for speed, and then given
back to maven. that plan changed, and now the code is (likely) ending up at
eclipse... Jason has reasons for eclipse... that is just reality. personally
i feel that it is another merit hurdle to have the code at eclipse, but then
having maven at apache is a legal pain for m2eclipse because of eclipse's ip
review policy, so i can see why Jason would want as much of the code
m2eclipse depends on at eclipse.

in any case, let's wait

- Stephen

---