maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: non-reproducible issues on CI
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:31:56 GMT
Hi

I've seen this kind of error at my day job a couple of times. Although
I'm sure sure why they happen, I do know how to get rid of it.

You need to manually remove the offending artifact from the local repo
to get a freshly downloaded copy of it. By removing all versions of the
artifact, including the meta data you ensure that the "corrupt" meta
data will also be removed.

The only reason I can think of as to why it happens is that the
repository don't respond when the artifact is being downloaded for the
first time. That puts some special meta data in the local repository.
That meta data looks like it is supposed to help determine when the
failed attempt occurred. This somehow blocks any further download of the
artifact in question. Even forcing a new download via command line
option have failed for us.

I haven't reported it in JIRA yet because I don't have anything even
remotely reproducible.

On 2011-07-30 01:22, Mark Struberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Our CI is broken since a while and most of the errors are of the following kind:
>

> [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-repository-plugin:2.3.2-SNAPSHOT or one
of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-repository-plugin:jar:2.3.2-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-repository-plugin:pom:2.3.2-SNAPSHOT in /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/maven-plugins-ITs-3.x/maven-repository-plugin/target/it-repo
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of local.central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Dennis Lundberg