maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incorporate EPL Ether in Maven Releases
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:04:42 GMT
-1

Definitely not until it's all the way moved to Eclipse...and even then,
I'm personally reluctant.

I'd much prefer to see Aether's functionality moved back into Maven, and
streamlined to the point where it's easier to maintain.

> As per the approved policy, this message opens a vote to allow Maven
> releases to depend on EPL (and thus Category B) versions of Aether.
> The vote will be open for 72 hours and the results determined
> according to the policy. Discussion on this question took place on a
> thread labelled '[DISCUSS] incorporate EPL Aether'.

John Casey
Developer, PMC Chair - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/