maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven distribution with fixes
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:44:09 GMT

On 28/07/2011, at 10:32 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2011, at 8:25 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> mom jason.
>>
>> Before we ship 3.0.4 I'd like to fix the SCM URL postfix problem which exists in
lots of DSCMs. Will do this in the next week.

> You probably have 6-7 weeks before an official 3.0.4 release would be made so you have
plenty of time.

> If you are going to wait for Aether and Sisu to be provisioned at Eclipse then the total
time for both of those to pass into that state is about 7 weeks. The build I proposed could
not be an official release until such a time because there are fixes which rely on Sisu and
Aether which are important for users.

Would you consider dual licensing them again so we can just keep moving forward as we had
been? It makes no changes to your plans and reduces the amount of uncertainty everyone has.
It's changed license 3 times in the last year, one more won't hurt.

There'd be no hold up if the current release had kept the license that it had when it was
incorporated a year ago, and the 3.0.4 release process could start straight away.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org