maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REDUX] Java Service Wrappers (JSW) unfortunate license change
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:02:58 GMT

On 14/06/2011, at 1:05 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2011, at 7:23 AM, Nigel Magnay wrote:
>
>> There is a fork under the old license here:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/ivertex/java-service-wrapper/overview
>>

> I apologize if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but as I recall commons exec was
created primarily due to the license change of JSW.  I don't know whether it will meet the
needs of whatever it is being used for here but I thought I'd mention it in case you weren't
aware.

That's not what commons-exec does. Maybe you are thinking of commons-daemon?

That easily predates the JSW license change, though.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org