maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject [RFC] Migrating Maven JIRA from jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:21:43 GMT
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Potential migration of Maven's JIRA from
jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org

Just wondering now that codehaus and apache are on nearly similar
versions (4.1.2 and 4.2.4 respectively) what would be involved.

Ben@codehaus can give us a 4.1.2 dump of the entire codehaus jira and
we'd just have to cull out the non-maven projects (easier way than any
others is what Ben thinks as most of the projects are Maven based
projects)

On the Infra side, would this be the easiest way to pull the issues in?

What do people think in general?

+1's:
 * We'd be fully on Apache controlled hardware

-1's:
 * Since a lot of the issues end up being actually issues in a lower
layer (most of which if not ASF hosted live/lived @ codehaus) or an
upper layer (i.e. one of the mojo plugins) we'd loose the ability to
move those issues to the correct project and instead we'd have to
create a new tracking issue on the root cause project's jira
 * What we have works, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Once we have enough comments/feedback (I'm willing to give a week or
two), I'll put the options to the Maven PMC who will ultimately EITHER
make a decision OR delegate making a decision to all the Maven
committers.

-Stephen