maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Migrating Maven JIRA from jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:07:39 GMT
+0.

Even if it could be the best for us to have coherent systems such migration
is very difficult to do as Jira provides very few things to do such changes.
The export/import by project isn't transitive with all Jira internal
elements (users, groups, workflows, schemes ....).
It is AFAIK very difficult to do and many tasks have to be done manually (or
we have to write ourself some tooling).
During the migration process we'll have to close the codehaus service thus
we have to take care to not let our community without issues trackers for
several days.

Who should work on this migration ? ASF infra ? The dev team ?

If it's the infra team, I say +0,5
If it's us, -0,5 (I'm not sure we have enough resources to do it for now)

Arnaud