maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] Migrating Maven JIRA from jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:31:20 GMT
Agree.
BTW we have to think to migrate some linked projects (Archiva MRM,
Continuum CONTINUUM).

And if we could have the same keys (MNG, SCM etc), Ben could maybe add
a rewrite or redirect rule to help users going to jira @asf.
The only trouble I see is watchers,reporters who doesn't exists @asf.

2011/6/1 Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>:
> REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Potential migration of Maven's JIRA from
> jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org
>
> Just wondering now that codehaus and apache are on nearly similar
> versions (4.1.2 and 4.2.4 respectively) what would be involved.
>
> Ben@codehaus can give us a 4.1.2 dump of the entire codehaus jira and
> we'd just have to cull out the non-maven projects (easier way than any
> others is what Ben thinks as most of the projects are Maven based
> projects)
>
> On the Infra side, would this be the easiest way to pull the issues in?
>
> What do people think in general?
>
> +1's:
>  * We'd be fully on Apache controlled hardware
>
> -1's:
>  * Since a lot of the issues end up being actually issues in a lower
> layer (most of which if not ASF hosted live/lived @ codehaus) or an
> upper layer (i.e. one of the mojo plugins) we'd loose the ability to
> move those issues to the correct project and instead we'd have to
> create a new tracking issue on the root cause project's jira
>  * What we have works, if it ain't broke don't fix it
>
> Once we have enough comments/feedback (I'm willing to give a week or
> two), I'll put the options to the Maven PMC who will ultimately EITHER
> make a decision OR delegate making a decision to all the Maven
> committers.
>
> -Stephen

Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy | http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy