maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Moving forward with mixins
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:09:11 GMT
I wondered about the import restriction for a long time already. Imo this _exactly_ feels natural.
Much more than having multiple parents.

Also the pom for the main artifacts might stay pretty much 4.0, but our MavenProject Parser
would need more fidling. Of course we could define a new packaging 'ppom' (partial pom) or
kind of for the parts which can get imported.

A minor problem could be in which sorting order to add <plugins> from any imported ppom
to the project. And how merging/overriding would look like if an imported ppom defines the
same plugin GAV as the pom.

ppoms can of course import other ppoms and build a hierarchy that way.

LieGrue,
strub