maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Get thee to the Core...
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:48:02 GMT
We partly use slf4j internally already for tests, etc.
But moving the whole Logger mess over to slf4j would be really great. There are lots of tests
(I sadly also found productive code too) still using System.out.println.

The question is if we (internally) drop org.codehaus.plexus.logging.Logger completely and
use slf4j directly, or if we pimp up the plexus Logger and add various stuff.

We would need to do some compat code anyway, but I'm not sure if it pays off to restrict ourself.
At least not after I saw that even the LoggerManager uses System.err.println:

// TODO: use a logger!
System.err.println( "There was no such logger '" + key + "' " + hashCode() + "." );

dumdidum :)

LieGrue,
strub