maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Move plexus dependencies to java 1.5 (Important!)
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:51:39 GMT
+1 for dropping java 1.4 support.

> Since these projects are technically not ASF ...

Actually I'd go further one step: plexus has been developed to 90% by ASF committers. So I'd
rather go and move plexus over to maven completely while upgrading to java 1.5 and rewrite/drop
parts with uncertain provenience.

The plexus SVN which vanished from day to the other from codehaus.org left a deep cut and
uncertainty. I'm pretty sure that we can get all the history from Ben and we should keep this
history somewhere as backup.

LieGrue,
strub