maven-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Gusakov <oleg.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REDUX] Java Service Wrappers (JSW) unfortunate license change
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:57:29 GMT

On 6/13/11 9:52 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2011, at 9:02 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

>>> I apologize if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but as I recall commons
exec was created primarily due to the license change of JSW.  I don't know whether it will
meet the needs of whatever it is being used for here but I thought I'd mention it in case
you weren't aware.
>> That's not what commons-exec does. Maybe you are thinking of commons-daemon?
>>
>> That easily predates the JSW license change, though.
> Yes, sorry - wrong project.  Now I'm scratching my head. I specifically remember a project
starting up somewhere a year or two ago in response to the license change.  I did find the
email from Jason in 2008 on this list but I can't find the project I'm thinking of.

http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/ I believe

Oleg