maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Handling of unrecognised version qualifiers
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:04:41 GMT
Le vendredi 27 mai 2011, John Casey a écrit :
> On 5/27/11 1:03 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> > This seems to me to call out for an 'extension point' that supplies an
> > object that implements a protocol for making version decisions.
>
> That would bring up the issue of how Maven switches between version
> schemes on the fly when resolving transitive dependencies...and, whether
> a given newcomer to the project could build it with a plain old vanilla
> version of Maven.
yes, and this decision has to be made dependency by dependency, not globally
for all dependencies of the current project

this version support was tracked in the Wiki [1]

When working on it, I totally abandonned the idea of having such an
extensible/configurable ordering: I doubt this would be understandable.

But if anybody thinks it can be done, I'll be glad to challenge the solution
:)

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVENOLD/Versioning