maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move plexus dependencies to java 1.5 (Important!)
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:09:10 GMT
> Actually I'd go further one step: plexus has been developed to 90% by ASF committers.
So I'd rather go and move plexus over to maven completely while upgrading to java 1.5 and
rewrite/drop parts with uncertain provenience.

I don't really see the point of all this moving stuff around, are we
afraid of external dependencies ? plexus-* is a /mountain/ of code,
plexus-utils is only the tip of the iceberg.

Now the lack of any visible plexus-community might be more of an issue.
You sort of have to know who to ask to get the commit bit. It was like
that at codehaus, and it still works that way.

Kristian