maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Improvements to Central failover: Temporary IP Change to Central on Monday Night
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 14:42:21 GMT
In short, we're moving to a clustered IP for the US Central machines
to improve the reliability and get automatic failover. We know some
users have firewall rules locked to the existing IP, if that's you,
pay attention:

We're failing over to the backover IP tonight so we can install the
clustered software on the current ip. Once that's done, the DNS will
be reverted back to the current ip. We expect that to happen on
Tuesday.

For everyone not locked to the IP, we don't anticipate this to have
any noticable impact since we're leaving 12 hours minimum for the DNS
change to propagate before starting work. (TTL is 5 minutes)

If you want to see more details, read here: http://bit.ly/jj2bnu

Any concerns, let me know.

Thanks,
Brian