maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Does such a python library exist?
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 17:07:57 GMT
I do a fair bit of python tooling that invokes Java programs.  Currently I bundle the Jars
with the python code; yuck.  What would be neat is to have a classpath automatically assembled
by pointing to a Maven repository and passing it a list of coordinates that are needed.  The
Jars would be downloaded into a staging area and used to construct the classpath:

Repository repo = MavenRepository("http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/")
repo.add("com.acme.foo", "bar", "1.3.2")
repo.add("com.zulu.car", "cdr", "1.4.0")

classpath = repo.generateClasspath()

# spawn java subprocess

repo.destroy()

It would be cool if the transitive dependencies were computed and used as well.

Is there anything like that out there?  Does this even makes sense to do?

Regards,
Alan