maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Site Plugin version 2.3
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 15:26:27 GMT

Tony Chemit wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:53:55 +0200
> Lukas Theussl<ltheussl@apache.org>  wrote:
>

>> the empty protocol doesn't look promising, what is your
>> distributionManagement.site.url?
>>

> I obtain this while executing mvn help:effective-pom :
>
> <url>scpexe://labs.libre-entreprise.org/home/groups/observe/htdocs/observe</url>
>
> But the strange thing is that it works with version 2.2 and 3.xxx of the
> site plugin, no ? I never had this problem before too.

which version of site-plugin-3.x? release or current snapshot? the
deploy code has been re-written in the current development version and
it is identical to the 2.3 code we are voting on. so if the same thing
happens with 3.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT, that would confirm that it's a regression.

-Lukas

> With debug option, I found this :
>
> [INFO] [site:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
> [DEBUG] Deploying to '${site.repository}/',
>      Using credentials from server id '${site.server}'
>
> We use in the parent pom a variable to define the site definition.
>
> So this means the resolution of those variables was not done ?
>
> To resume, here is our mecanism :
>
> mavenpom (our super-corporate-pom for all projects) [0]
>
> <distributionManagement>
>      <repository>
>        <id>${release.server}</id>
>        <url>${release.repository}</url>
>      </repository>
>      <snapshotRepository>
>        <id>${snapshot.server}</id>
>        <url>${snapshot.repository}</url>
>      </snapshotRepository>
>      <site>
>        <id>${site.server}</id>
>        <url>${site.repository}</url>
>      </site>
>    </distributionManagement>
>
> mavenpom4labs -->  mavenpom (corporate pom for labs server projects) [1]
>
> <properties>
>
>    <site.server>labs</site.server>
>    <site.repository>scpexe://${platform}/home/groups/${projectId}/htdocs</site.repository>
>
> </properties>
>
> The final project that inheritates from mavenpom4labs
>
> My conclusion is that distribution.site.id and distribution.site.url is
> no more resolved ? Seems strange to me.
>
> [0] http://uk.maven.org/maven2/org/nuiton/mavenpom/2.5.4/
> [1] http://uk.maven.org/maven2/org/nuiton/mavenpom4labs/2.5.4/
>
>> -Lukas
>>

>> Tony Chemit wrote:
>>> On Fri, 20 May 2011 22:40:14 +0200
>>> Dennis Lundberg<dennisl@apache.org>   wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a problem when using a mvn site-deploy
>>>
>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Wagon
>>> protocol '' doesn't support directory copying at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.getWagon(AbstractDeployMojo.java:320)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.deploy(AbstractDeployMojo.java:234)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.deployTo(AbstractDeployMojo.java:227)
>>> at