maven-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Lea <gra...@grahamlea.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Order Bug
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 21:02:55 GMT
Hi Benson,

Thanks for taking a look at it.

I suppose my test case does contradict the last comment by Benjamin.
The comment is about inheritance and the like, however the test case I've created has no inheritance
at all. All I've done is bound the exec plugin to the compile phase in a single POM and I
can't find any way to force the exec plugin to fire first - the compile plugin always goes
first.
Perhaps there were problems in Maven 2 once inheritance was involved, but in M3 it seems to
just not work at all.

If there is a way for the order to be controlled in 3, I'd be very happy to know what it is,
but if there isn't I think that's a real shortcoming in configurability.

Thanks,

Graham.

On 10/05/2011, at 1:31 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last comment on it seems to be definitive. Does your test case
> contradict it?
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Graham Lea <graham@grahamlea.com> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I would like to draw your attention to the issue:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2258
>>
>> This issue is now 5 years old and has 81 votes, however no one is assigned to investigate
or resolve it.

>> I created a duplicate of the issue with a simple test case to try and gain some attention
for it, but Wendy Smoak suggested I email the mailing list instead, so this is that email.