maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Chemit <che...@codelutin.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Site Plugin version 2.3
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 14:30:56 GMT
On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:53:55 +0200
Lukas Theussl <ltheussl@apache.org> wrote:

> the empty protocol doesn't look promising, what is your
> distributionManagement.site.url?

I obtain this while executing mvn help:effective-pom :

<url>scpexe://labs.libre-entreprise.org/home/groups/observe/htdocs/observe</url>

But the strange thing is that it works with version 2.2 and 3.xxx of the
site plugin, no ? I never had this problem before too.

With debug option, I found this :

[INFO] [site:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
[DEBUG] Deploying to '${site.repository}/',
    Using credentials from server id '${site.server}'

We use in the parent pom a variable to define the site definition.

So this means the resolution of those variables was not done ?

To resume, here is our mecanism :

mavenpom (our super-corporate-pom for all projects) [0]

<distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>${release.server}</id>
      <url>${release.repository}</url>
    </repository>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>${snapshot.server}</id>
      <url>${snapshot.repository}</url>
    </snapshotRepository>
    <site>
      <id>${site.server}</id>
      <url>${site.repository}</url>
    </site>
  </distributionManagement>

mavenpom4labs --> mavenpom (corporate pom for labs server projects) [1]

<properties>

  <site.server>labs</site.server>
  <site.repository>scpexe://${platform}/home/groups/${projectId}/htdocs</site.repository>

</properties>

The final project that inheritates from mavenpom4labs

My conclusion is that distribution.site.id and distribution.site.url is
no more resolved ? Seems strange to me.

[0] http://uk.maven.org/maven2/org/nuiton/mavenpom/2.5.4/
[1] http://uk.maven.org/maven2/org/nuiton/mavenpom4labs/2.5.4/

> -Lukas
>

> Tony Chemit wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 May 2011 22:40:14 +0200
> > Dennis Lundberg<dennisl@apache.org>  wrote:
> >
> > I had a problem when using a mvn site-deploy
> >
> > Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Wagon
> > protocol '' doesn't support directory copying at
> > org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.getWagon(AbstractDeployMojo.java:320)
> > at
> > org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.deploy(AbstractDeployMojo.java:234)
> > at
> > org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.deployTo(AbstractDeployMojo.java:227)
> > at
> > org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractDeployMojo.execute(AbstractDeployMojo.java:135)
> >
> > With m-site-p 2.2, I did not have this error and site can be
> > deployed with any problem.
> >
> > Did I miss something ? If not then -1 otherwise +1 ;)
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We solved 31 issues:
> >> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11146&version=16966&styleName=Html
> >>
> >> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> >> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11146&status=1
> >>
> >> Staging repo:
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-041/
> >>
> >> Staging site:
> >> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin-2.3/plugins/maven-site-plugin/
> >>
> >> Note: This was a surprising place for the site to end up. The only
> >> configuration in the Site Plugin's POM that could affect this is
> >> that it uses itself to build the site, i.e. it uses Site Plugin
> >> 2.3. This might be a regression that we haven't caught before, but
> >> I'm still going to open up this for a vote.
> >>
> >> Guide to testing staged releases:
> >> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> >>
> >> Vote open for 72 hours.
> >>
> >> [ ] +1