maven-dev mailing list archives

From xanadu72 <surs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Article proposed for Maven Article Page
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:12:11 GMT
Barrie,
I know that Eclipse is able to import a hierarchical structure but i have a
concern with Subversion. The recommended structure for Subversion is using
trunk,tags,branches subfolders. Is it compatible with the following file
structure in svn :

+-MyApplication/
  +-trunk
    +-pom.xml
  +-tags
  +-branches
  +-business
     +-trunk
        +-business-api
        +-business-impl
     +-tags
  etc.....

What layout do you recommend if i want to manage tiers versions separately
and have the recommended subversion directory layout. I want as much as
possible minimize the work load for configuration and offer maximum
flexibility to work on one or several branches and the trunk.

Best regards,
Sébastien Ursini

17 avenue de la Croisette
1205 Genève