maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Persson <lucas.pers...@oracle.com>
Subject How to create a custom repository layout
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:53:54 GMT
Hi

In Maven 2 I could define my own repository layout for remote
repositories by implementing the
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.layout.ArtifactRepositoryLayout
interface and drop the implementation in maven/lib.

I understand that this is not supported in Maven3, but I still have a
need to use other layouts then the "default".
And using a repository manager is not an option (since our build must be
completely standalone).

Anyway I have seen a plugin that support other repository layouts; the
Tycho plugin for Eclipse. But since that is actually a set of plugins
that solve many different problems it is kind of hard for me to see what
is needed to implement a custom repository layout.

Is there some documentation for how a custom repository layout is
supported in Maven3?

Or at least is there some example plugin that I can take a look at?

I got a tip that I can implement
org.sonatype.aether.spi.connector.RepositoryConnectorFactory but I do
not really understand how to package that into a maven plugin, or it is

Any response is welcome.
Thanks
Lucas

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Lucas Persson | Principal Member of Technical Staff

Oracle Svenska AB, Kronborgsgränd 17, S-164 28 KISTA, reg.no. 556254-6746