maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1086889 - /maven/indexer/trunk/indexer-core/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/index/packer/NEXUS4149TransferFormatTest.java
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:06:23 GMT
Hi,

completely agreed, but let me explain -- not that it matters:

I had a lot of accumulated changes in my github fork of maven-indexer,
and initially did not wanted to disturb other forks of my repository.

Hence, I started pushing changes _without_ changing commit messages
first -- thinking "it would change history, hence screw other forks".

I was distracted with ASF SVN mirroring pain (dcommiting multiple
commits from EU, --no-rebase was not helping, there was a lot of
interlaving changes for same file), but solved luckily:

http://twitter.com/#!/cstamas/status/53021178750701568

And then I realized: git-svn _also modifies_ history, but it was late
then :( I already started pushing (and had to recover few times until
I found out the dnsmasq fix), since there was a LOT of commits to be
dcommited back to ASF SVN.

To at least make it better, I linked the MINDEXER jira issues to the
SVN revisions, so at least we have the JIRA->SVN direction, but SVN
commit logs does not point back.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINDEXER-15
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINDEXER-16
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINDEXER-17