maven-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Hugonnet <ehsavoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with scopes in dependencies
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:45:25 GMT
Hi,
I am using Maven 3.0.x (2 or 3= and I have the following problem :
I use a parent POM with dependency management which is the good way to do this.
We are building for JBoss 4 and JBoss 6 and if for JBoss6 XercesImpl
is provided, for JBoss4 it is required with the Assembly Plugin.
So in my parent pom I have specified a "provided" scope and I override
it in the jboss4 specific pom with a "compile" scope.
One would expect that the xercesImpl.jar would be present in the
resulting war, as i take runtime jars but the xerces jar is not here.

If I put the scope "provided" in the Jboss 6 pom and "compile" in the
parent pom, I get the xerces.jar.

I have tried maven-dependency-plugin:tree:2.2 but all is I expected,
so it seems to be a mven 3 issue since maven-dependency-plugin still
uses maven2.

How can I display the genuine scope of my dependecy ?

Emmanuel