maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1083681 - in /maven/plugins/trunk: ./ maven-acr-plugin/ maven-acr-plugin/src/ maven-acr-plugin/src/it/ maven-acr-plugin/src/it/it-01/ maven-acr-plugin/src/it/it-01/src/ maven-acr-plugin/src/it/it-01/src/main/ maven-acr-plugin/src/it/
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:50:17 GMT
Stephane Nicoll wrote:

>> If this artifact handler is supposed to be used for a project using
>> <packaging>app-client</packaging>, I suggest to change the handler's
>> packaging field to match its role-hint as otherwise MNG-4654/-4730 kick in.
>
> I had a look to those issues and I am not sure I fully understand what you
> meant. I want this artifact to be installed/deployed with a .jar extension.

Exactly, but right now it will use the extension "app-client", at least
when using Maven 2.x. Just change the ITs to do "install" phase and
inspect the log or local repo (might want to add at least one IT doing
install and checking a .jar hits the local repo).

But I revise my suggestion, just delete the entire <packaging> element,
it will default to the proper value.

Benjamin