maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ruben Garat <ruben01....@gmail.com>
Subject Helping projects get into maven central
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:30:39 GMT
Hi I am trying to help some projects get into maven central, starting
with LWJGL <http://lwjgl.org/> (opengl binding for java) and Jinput
<http://jinput.java.net> (input abstraction, keyboard, mouse, gamepads,
joystick, etc).

What I am currently doing is using the maven gpg plugin to sign and
deploy but am having some trouble with those two steps being folded into
one (trying to deploy using scp for example because the mvn invocation
of the gpg plugin just hangs instead of asking stuff like trusting a
host signature).

Ideally I would like to be able to use the maven ant tasks to first sign
the artifacts and then deploy them using the artifact:deploy tasks. In
order to be able to do this, I think we would need:

    *       a task for signing files would be needed (or at least a way
      to sign an artifact/file/files using the maven gpg plugin but not
      deploying them)
    *       a way to tell the artifact:deploy task to also deploy the
      existing signatures (this would allow to use the
      artifact:install-provider task to add custom wagons).

I think that adding this support to the maven ant tasks would go a long
way to help deploy libraries not made with maven to maven central,
seeing as gpg signing is now a requirement for this.

thanks for your help

Rubén Garat