maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Auto-Mirror Selection for Maven 3.x
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:00:15 GMT
looks promising!

I'm sure I miss big parts of the picture, but please allow me a few (probably dumb) questions.

This means that an artifact is uniquely identified via the URL of the server we downloaded
it from? What about distributing artifacts to different locations? Kind of a redundancy for
maven.central. Is this already targeted (and I don't see it yet), or a completely different
story?

If artifacts (+pom+-...) served from different locations have the same sha-1, then I won't
bother where to take it from (albeit they must be 'reachable' aka available in at least one
enabled repo).

LieGrue,
strub